The flood group has been provided with the following document explaining the workings of the Hatton’s Road balancing ponds.
Visit http://www.longstantonfloodaction.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/201606_NFF_June-Bulletin.pdf to read the full document
Please join us in the Pavilion for the next meeting where an update will be given about the various flood related activities taking place in the village.
Please join us in the Pavilion for the next meeting where an update will be given about the various activities taking place in the village.
A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for the River Great Ouse in Cambridgeshire and parts of East Bedfordshire.
Flooding is possible for River Great Ouse from Wyboston in Bedfordshire through St Neots, Offord and St Ives to Earith in Cambridgeshire .
Low lying land and roads will be affected first.
Be prepared to protect yourself, family, pets and property.
River levels at Tempsford on the River Great Ouse are rising following rainfall overnight and this morning. The forecast is for showers to persist through the remainder of Monday. Tuesday morning is due to be dry, but more rain is forecast for Tuesday afternoon and evening. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates.
– Prepare a flood kit including a torch, batteries, mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
– Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
– Farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
– Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. Visit the Environment Agency website www.gov.uk/environment-agency for river level and flooding information.
– Call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 using quickdial 03361 for up-to-date flooding information.
Environment Agency Flood Incident Management
Brampton Office, Bromholme Lane
Floodline Tel: 0345 988 1188
Environment Agency Tel: 0800 80 70 60
Cambridgeshire County Council have today published the Longstanton Flood Investigation report and details of the Oakington Property LevelProtection Scheme. Please see our web page or http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/info/20099/planning_and_development/49/water_minerals_and_waste for full details
The next flood meeting will be held at 7.30 on Tuesday 2nd of June in Longstanton Pavilion.